Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Season!

So lets get started...first and foremost we had a HURRICANE! storm with strong winds. I decided to not run upstate and to instead stay in NYC to challenge the forecasters.  Going to my boyfriends (aka second family) to wait out the storm I packed for the worst.  This means reading material to keep me occupied for a few weeks if necessary...





For all of you thinking that three text books, two magazines, and a novel is not that much reading, the top item is a kindle with 10x's more books inside :)

Saturday when we were on "lockdown" and told not to go outside, we decided it was a nice time to barbecue! Sanity was kept by the company I shared, including a homemade "face scrub" from Victoria which consisted of 2 TSP brown sugar and 1/4 C of milk… I would include I picture but it is NOT pretty and I don't think anyone would put it on their face.
Suggestions: Use whole milk as it is thicker OR flip the measurements it took about 3 hours before we got the semi-correct texture but we had time to kill.

The next morning the weather was normal...well okay a little extra windy. Rich & Kathy needed some photos taken of products they carried in their store (Cross Island Frame Art). This is a sample of what they carry:

 

                                                  




                                              
SIDE NOTE: They carry A LOT of sports memorabilia including NY Mets & the Giants but you know I'm not about to post pictures of that! 

After leaving the store we did see a little damage in the streets including:




Just a few trees on cars and flooding in areas by the water. But in all seriousness everyone who is complaining that it wasn't as bad as they dramatized it to be, would you have wanted all of NY to be flooded and your belongings damaged?!?!  I'm thankful that Irene didn't damage that much! That pretty much sums up the hurricane weekend. How did everyone else bare?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, well said.. Excellent layout an caption.. You should find a urban magazine looking for crisp simplistic editorial.." I'm just saying"

    ReplyDelete